This playdough smells SO good (like a cinnamon bun), you will just want to eat it! And you totally can (it's 100% edible) but it probably doesn't taste as good as it smells haha.
This recipe is super simple to make and comes out so great and lasts a long time in a sealable container.
We went with a fall theme. The smell of cinnamon and nutmeg always remind me of Thanksgiving and the holidays. We foraged some sticks, leaves, pine needles and pinecones to make different textures in the dough.
Read on below for instructions! I adapted this recipe from this wonderful post.
1. Mix together 2C all purpose flour, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp cream of tartar, 1/2C of salt with a whisk or fork.
2. Heat 1.5C of water until just about boiling.
3. Pour the water into your dry ingredients and mix well until all ingredients are combined. It will still be lumpy and not quite look like playdough yet.
4. Allow your mixed ingredients to sit until cool enough to handle.
5. Sprinkle in cinnamon and nutmeg. You will need a lot in order for it to change to a nice, warm color. You can add more in the kneading process if need be.
6. Put some flour on a cutting board, remove the dough from the mixing bowl and knead with your hands until it looks like the consistency of playdough. You will know when it's ready! Knead in more cinnamon and nutmeg as desired.
^ I love the beautiful speckles and warm color! It's quite calming to play with :)
^ Anchor enjoyed adding even more cinnamon during play.
You may find yourself playing with this dough right along with the kids! I'm kind of obsessed with it haha. Enjoy!