Hi friends! I figured it’s a good time to share some thoughts and updates with you guys as we have a few things in the works!
1. Currently working on: finishing up the entryway! We are in the home stretch! This renovation has been taking us A LOT longer than expected! Redoing the stairs was very time consuming, especially since it’s something Dan has never done before. Now we are working on just buttoning things up and we got some reclaimed wood that Dan is going to use to make a bench for in there!! He started it over the weekend and is seriously making my bench dreams come true!
2. We are getting the exterior of our house painted!. They came to power wash but it’s literally been raining everyyyyy week and almost every day so they haven’t been able to begin the actual painting yet. Hoping for some dry weather in our future! :) Below is the color combo we are planning to go with! I was inspired by this home in this post I did last year.
3. I’m really hoping we can make a veggie garden this spring!! I really wanted one last year but we just didn’t have the time with all the other landscaping work that needed to be done. I drew up a plan for Dan and hoping we can execute it in the next few weeks!
4. If you read our May Simplify Challenge post, you know we are working on making less purchases, more thoughtful purchases and continuing to get rid of things we don’t need around the home. I am loving this lifestyle! It takes so much stress and pressure off around the area of consuming and really makes you more grateful for what you DO have. I’ll be sharing a more in-depth update soon!
5. We are contemplating what to do with our deck as the paint is peeling off like crazy and it’s in bad shape. I can’t imagine replacing all of it and losing the deck for a good part of the summer, so trying to think of a quick fix to get us through the season!