I have had this project on my mind since before we started this blog! I LOVE how it came out—perfectly imperfect, rustic boho. It really adds such natural charm to any room. Style it in your own way to fit in with your home.
Thanks to my hubby for doing most (okay all) of the work!
Read on to see how to make your own!
You will need:
-2 large, thick branches
-smaller branches to make 5 rungs
-bar clamp (optional)
1. Collect branches
two that are long and thick, then 5 thinner branches for the rungs. You will saw to size so don't worry about finding the perfect lengths.
2. Saw the two support legs first.
Height is your preference. We did ours about 5ft tall.
3. Saw the rungs to equal sizes.
We did 5 rungs. Also saw off any protrusions that could snag or you don't like the look of.
4. Measure out where the rungs will go.
Mark even distances on both large branches.
5. Drill holes halfway through where you marked.
6. Start shaving the ends of the rungs to fit into the holes you drilled.
7. Fit them into the holes.
This part may take some trial and error. You may need to keep shaving the ends until they fit. You may also have to play around with which branches fit best where. Because the end result is supposed to be rustic, don't worry too much about making everything perfect—just enough to make it stand up sturdy!
8. Grab a super cute helper to tighten the rungs into the legs!
9. Drill a nail through the side of the rungs to keep them tight and sturdy,
10. Style as you wish!
Just a word of caution: try finding smoother woods. Our branch on the left is very rough and catches the blankets which makes them pull.